Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Trey

Happy Birthday Trey J is one year old today. He had a pretty good day. He slept in until 7:30, did errands with me, took two naps, and made a few messes with the pots and pans. Then we had a little family party and he ate his little cake. Before he was born we knew Derek liked the name Dixon and wanted to name him that. We told him we were going to name him Treyson, but he could call him Dixon. We didn't think it would stick for more than a few weeks. One year later Derek still calls him Dixon. If you ask Derek what his baby brother's name is, he will always say Dixon. I think in the past year I could count on one hand how many times I've heard Derek call him Trey or Treyson. He will just have 2 names. Our favorite things about Trey: When he does snorty pig, his belly laughs, and when he walks around the house carrying anything because it makes him feel big (like the broom that is 3 times his size).

No comments: