The other day Trey started eating an apple. He took about four bites and said he was done and didn't want to eat anymore. I was pretty bugged that he did that. He started asking for more (different) food. I told him he had to finish his apple first. Trey said it hurt his teeth. I thought maybe he would have a loose tooth, but then I thought he was probably too young still. A few minutes later he came up to me and his bottom teeth looked funny. I looked in and asked if he had a loose tooth. He said he did. I started asking when this happened and why he didn't tell us. He said about a month ago, when he went to the Spring Training Baseball game with Dad he bit into a Rice Krispie treat and his tooth got loose. He was scared that he was going to get in trouble so he didn't tell us, although the tooth kept getting looser and looser. We told him it was supposed to happen, it was going to fall out and then he would get a "Big" permanent tooth. Then we told him about the tooth fairy and he got very excited. He couldn't wait to tell all his friends that he had a loose tooth.
The next night, Friday, we went to the Muppet movie. We were munching on popcorn, Jr Mints, and other theater snacks. Then Trey started to cry because his tooth was hurting him. His tooth had gotten all twisted in his mouth. Curtis took him out of the movie, straightened out the tooth, and told Trey he could just pull it out and be done. Trey wanted him to pull it out, it was hurting and bothering him. So Curtis yanked it out. Trey stopped crying, no more pain. He was so proud to lose his tooth, he came back into the movie telling me he loosed his tooth. He was so excited.
We put it out for the Tooth Fairy, and she brought him $2. It was a nice shiny white one. Trey was thrilled.
 |
| Trey's smile with a missing tooh |
|
 |
| Trey Holding his tooth |
 |
| Another toothless smile. |
No comments:
Post a Comment