A few weeks ago we get a call from the Bishop asking if Curtis and I will be in town on July 12th. Yes, we are one of the few people that stick around all summer, we will be there. Our number was up, it was our turn to speak in church. He asked if one of us we speak on Baptism, and the other would speak on the Holy Ghost. I took Baptism, Curtis took the Holy Ghost.
We had a few weeks to prepare, but still it takes quite a bit of time to prepare and get it to talk come together in order for it to be good. I didn't feel like my talk was coming together and I was feeling a little overwhelmed with it, then I get asked by the Primary if both Trey and Derek can give the talks in Jr. and Sr. Primary about Following Jesus Christ and his example . Uggh, one more talk to prepare. Which it was only one talk, because I had them pretty much give the exact same talk. The only difference is Trey used an example when he followed Jesus and shared in goggles with someone at the pool. Derek used an example when kids were being mean to other kids he told them to knock it off.
Then I was asked by Judy Hampton who was teaching R.S. if I would help her with her lesson by getting up and talking about one of the articles in the Ensign about the Temple. I was starting to feel like we were the ONLY family in town this week.
I know most people dread speaking in Church, I think Curtis actually enjoys it, I have mixed feelings about it, Derek had a great attitude, Trey just has a bad attitude about church in general right now. The one person who was really disappointed was Dax. He loves to speak in church and he was the only one in our family who was not asked. He did not win the lottery this week.
Our talks went well. Trey did an excellent job (he is such a great reader) I'm sure Derek did great as well, he had a great attitude and he presents himself well. I admit I didn't do that great in R.S. I read the article earlier in the week, then I focused on my talk. By the time R.S. came around I could barely remember what I had read, and I should have refreshed. Judy said to me afterwards she heard a quote 30% of the people do nothing in the church, 30% do something, and 30% do everything, this week we did everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment