Our kids are spoiled and we know it. The past few Christmas' seemed monotious. Pretty much buying each other things we don't want or need, just for the sake of opening something on Christmas. I actually ended up returning several gifts that we gave to Dax and Derek because they didn't care, want or need the gift. Instead of a repeat of the last few Christmas we decided to make memories instead. We chose to go to Hawaii for various reasons. We were not sure if our kids were completely on board with the idea. Trey at first said he would rather have presents, since he had just had his birthday I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he couldn't think of anything. My biggest concern was Derek since it was going to be his 18th birthday on December 23, he had to be on board with this idea, Otherwise I knew it would not be a fun trip. On top of Hawaii being the Christmas gift for the family, Derek's birthday gift was he could invite his girlfriend, Jocelyn. We were already renting a 3 bedroom condo and using flight miles for the tickets so it wasn't that big of a deal to add one more.
We had a great time, so many things went right. Here is the highlight reel.
 |
| This is Kap Tafiti. I went to school with him at BYU-H. He is still running the PCC Samoan Village 30+ years and still climbing coconut trees at 53 years old. |
 |
| Dax admiring art at Kualoa Ranch |
 |
| The T Rex is after them. |
 |
| Trey and Jocelyn admiring Dinosaur bones, I mean styrofoam movie props. |
 |
| Our Christmas stockings |
 |
| I think this was Derk's favorite gift a disturving "St Nicholas" Cage ornament. |
 |
| Family Surf Lessons |
 |
| Totally worth it to bring Jocelyn, Derek Smiled and had a great time. |
 |
| Sunset at Turtle Bay |
No comments:
Post a Comment