Thursday, August 20, 2009

Too much fun???

Curtis with Al McCoy "voice of the Suns"
Curtis on the court of US Airways Arena
Curtis and one of the Sun's announcer Tom ? I see him on TV all the time
The Phoenix Suns invited us (along with a few hundred other people) to "Taste of the Suns." We got to eat center court at US Airways Arena from Levy's (The fancy schmancy restaurant at the Arena). The food was extra yummy. The point of the entire evening was to try to sell us Season Tickets. We got the impression that the Suns were not alone in the suffering economy. As they had "many new Season Ticket seats that had not been available in years." We said thanks for the food and no thanks for the purchase of the season tickets. I really wanted my picture taken with the Sun's gorilla, but unfortunately if their on-site photographer was taking the pic the Sun's Dancers had to be in the picture too. I think for future reference maybe the gorilla should be in front of a background of ANY OTHER COLOR, but black. The following week Curtis Johnson Realty was the main sponsor for Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert at the Jobing.com arena in Glendale. Sean Hannity does a few of these concerts around the county and it is a tribute to the Troops/ Veterans and their families. We got to meet Sean Hannity and have a photo op. He also brought John Voight (aka Angelena's Dad) and Rich Little. The concert was Lee Greenwood, Charlie Daniels band, Michael W. Smith, Ollie North, and John Voit came out and talked, Rich Little did some impersonations -he was really funny. The night ended with Billy Ray Cyrus. 

Billy Ray had been at the teen choice awards with his daughter Mylie a few hours before, he kept mentioning it. I think he arrived just minutes before he went on stage. I always wondered what would happen when a performer is at a concert and they are frazzled from going to so many cities. We found out with Billy Ray. He kept saying " How is Scottsdale.. . I love Scottsdale" Previously throughout the night the other performers said "Phoenix" which is fine because we were in Phoenix Metro. The crowd didn't like it so much when he kept calling Glendale -Scottsdale. Everyone started yelling out to him "you're in Glendale" Finally he realized what was going on and said, "you don't like Scottsdale?" Then he said "I just twittered that I was in Scottsdale and did a spell check" he seemed a bit embarrassed. I'm sure he did spell "Scottsdale" correctly he just had the wrong name. It was a fun night.

1 comment:

Jana Jensen said...

hey you, you are looking so cute as ever, It's good to keep up with you and your family on your blog, thanks