Monday, July 27, 2009

First Day of School

First Day of School- Dax started 4th grade and Derek started Kindergarten. Derek has been so excited to go to school with Dax ever since I registered him in April. He kept asking me if it was time to go to Dax's school. I told him as soon as it was Dax's Birthday then school would start. Finally, the day came.
Our Long walk across the street, out our neighborhood gate, meet the crossing guard cross one more street, and BAM we are at school.
Derek in Mrs. Lopez's Classroom. I don't know how the cards fell that Derek would end up in the same class with his 3 best friends, Britton (again) Westin, and Sean from across the street. I feel bad for his teacher. He was also assigned to sit next to Britton, I doubt that will last.
Dax is right back where he started. His 4th-grade class is in the same room he had in Kindergarten. I hope it's a better experience with Ms. Jansen than with his Kindergarten teacher. Dax was happy to have his good friend Phuc (sounds like a boot) Ly for the 4th year in a row in his class. He also had his friends Ramon, and Ethan in his class.

No comments: