Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First Day of School

First day of school-"The most wonderful time of the year". Actually this summer we had such a great time, I wouldn't have minded summer being a bit longer. Derek is starting 2nd Grade at Hancock, and Dax is starting 6th grade and middle school. I can't believe it. Derek is in Mrs. Shafer's class. He was happy to see his friend Mason from last year in his class, and also his friend Westin. I don't know how long it will last he and Mason sitting next to each other. Last year Derek would come home and tell me how funny Mason was. He was so funny that Derek said he made him laugh so hard he almost peed his pants. The next stop is Arizona College Prep-Oakland campus formerly Chandler Traditional Jr. High. We got there just as it was starting so not much time for pics. It is middle school now, I don't think the parents get to go in the class and take all kinds of pics like they do in elementary school. Most of the parents just dropped the kids off and said goodbye. No walking to the classroom etc. I like this picture with the kids in their uniforms. I think they all look so nice. I did realize it is harder to look for your kid when they are all wearing the same thing. Other than that we love it. The first few days went well and Dax seemed much happier than at Hancock. Today was the third day when I picked him up he said " I love CTJH" I'm so happy. Last year he was not happy. This was a big week for Dax. Since he turned 11 last week, he is moving up in Scouts. Last night we had his last Cub Scout Pack meeting. He earned his Webelo badge, the religious square knot (Faith in God award), and also the arrow of light (I'm not sure what that is, I think it means they move up to official "Boy Scouts" When the scouts advance they also get to pin a little award on the parents. Maybe because they think the parents deserve an award for getting the scout to do the work to advance. Great Job with all your hard work. Tonight we are onto... Boys Scouts. I hope enjoys it as much as cubs. He gets to wear his arrow of light, and the square knot badge on his new uniform. His first overnight campout is coming up in a few weeks.

No comments: