Thursday, July 21, 2011

Seven Eleven

Dax turned 11-July 19. Now I have a seven and Eleven-year-old. Since Dax turned 11 durinh 7 (July) I like to say Seven Eleven (hokey I know).

A few months ago I decided it was time for Dax to have his own Debit card. I was tired of him always using mine to buy things online. The thing that really bugged me was his online subscriptions to games. Although Dax was giving me the money to pay for it, he usually only wanted one month's worth, but if you don't cancel the subscription they continue to charge. I thought it was time Dax take on that responsibility. There are not too many banks that want to give out Debit/check cards to an 11-year-old. I did some research and finally found Young Americans Bank in Colorado that caters to youths. In fact, you have to be UNDER 21 to get an account with them. Wahoo, where do we sign this kid up.

We finally got all the paperwork in this is Dax opening his Debit card. It is a checking account so he is also learning to write checks. Going well so far.
Tate Seeley, Rowan Rhees, Dax, Derek, Britton Platt (Derek's friend), Stephen Zoccoli
Andrew Crawford, Ethan Savoldi

Dax's 11th Birthday party. He wanted to go to Laser Tag so we did. It was a hit, all the boys LOVED it. We went to Stratum Laser tag. I had never heard of it, we only went there at the suggestion of one of his friends. When we got there all the boys were telling me this is the largest laser tag arena in the US yada yada yada. I guess the place advertises on one of the kid shows and they knew all about it and were thrilled to go there.
Birthday Boy


Happy Day for the Birthday boy. He didn't ask for much so we gave him $$$ for his checking account, and a "re-gift" I upgraded my cell phone, so I passed my old cell phone onto Dax. A lot of his friends seem to have them and we thought it would be convenient for him at his new school. Which is no longer across the street.

No comments: