Derek had been wanting to play Baseball for a while, there is no way I wanted to sit through those games in the summer, so I waited until Fall to sign him up.
His team name was the Giants. Apparently, I picked the wrong league because we didn't know one kid on his team, not from school, church, or the neighborhood, and the games were in Tempe.
He started out strong and seemed to have some good batting skills etc, then the season was pretty UN-eventful and we wondered how much Derek even wanted to be there. Then the last game Derek got up, swung the bat, gave the ball a good spank and he hit a double. Great job!! Up to that point, the game was beyond boring. The pitcher from the other team was a little wild, the coach had him too far back (these kids are only 8 playing on a middle school field) and everyone was getting walked. Derek's team won their last game because of his great play.
No comments:
Post a Comment