Sunday, July 24, 2022

Happy School and Sad School

 Trey started 8th Grade this year.  It was kind of weird only having one kid starting school.  We picked up his schedule and supplies list on Monday.  Then Wednesday was the big day.  He had a nice first day.

I made this sign in the "comic sans" font.  Trey was making fun of it the day before.


Dax had birthday #22 on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, I don't think it was his best day.  He has been taking Calculus 3 this summer for the 4th time.  This time he genuinely gave this class a good effort.  He spent a lot of time with the tutor and worked hard.  Sadly this is just an extremely difficult class and he has been stressed about it all summer.  I took Dax and Trey to lunch at Olive Garden on Monday, and Tuesday I picked up donuts for breakfast and gave Dax some cash for his birthday.  He wasn't much in a celebratory mood because he just wanted to finish the class.  It didn't end how we wanted.  The teacher told him he could take a "W" withdrawal instead of an F.  He took the "W" which was probably the best choice considering the circumstances.  Now Dax is reconsidering his major.  I wish he had a better birthday, I didn't even see him to take a picture.  We tried.  He is a smart kid with a lot of potential, we just need to get him on the right track.


No comments: