Curtis had some business in San Diego the week of July 18-22nd. He had some friends that were there a week early and asked Curtis to come out early to prepare for the event the following week. Curtis was back and forth of going not going, going...
We decided we would drive out Monday afternoon just to get out of the heat. I would stay a day or two and then fly back. We left about 3:00 in the afternoon and it was a hot day. We were in the Tesla so we knew we would have to stop and recharge at least once. The battery goes through energy faster when it is hot so we were on top of the charging thing.
We stopped in Gila Bend and got a quick charge while we went to the bathroom and grabbed some quick food at McDonald's then we hit the road again and did I mention it was HOT that day?
We get back on the road and we decided to charge one more time before we do the long stretch to San Diego. We were getting off the exit to Tacna (the middle of nowhere podunk town) and we hear a bump. We didn't think much of it until the car started showing low tire pressure etc. UH OH do we have a flat? Fortunately, we were very close to a Tesla charging station (our plan) where there was a Pilot station, mini mart etc.
We look at the car and it is more than a flat, we have a blow out.
Curtis texted his friends in San Diego, one of which is from Yuma, and their reply was "Yuma in July is not good" The next day the car was towed, and by some miracle, the tire arrived by 11:00 a.m. I just decided to cut my losses rent a car and head home. By noon the car was fixed, Curtis headed to San Diego and I headed home in a rental car. That was memorable.
Curtis finally arrived in San Diego and he rented an air BNB with a few bedrooms. A few days later he asked if anyone wanted to join him. Derek was on a family vacation with his girlfriend, Jocelyn, Dax was finishing up summer school and Trey was done with trips and wanted to stay home.
I ended up Flying out to San Diego early Saturday morning. I thought it would be fun to show up at the Air BNB address Curtis sent me and surprise him. At 7:00 a.m. I arrive, knock on the door and nobody was there. It turns out I was at the wrong place. The owner sends out the wrong address for "security reasons" I'm sure the people that were staying at the one I was knocking on felt secure with some stranger knocking on their door early Saturday morning.
The condo had kayaks and stand up paddle boards. We met the Kaufmann's at the beach and played on the toys for a bit.
![]() |
| Tricia and Zoe |
![]() |
| Zoe and Sophie |
I spent all day Saturday and Sunday, then flew home Sunday evening. The condo was very close to the airport and we watched the planes fly over as they took off. After I boarded my plane I told Curtis once we had liftoff. I texted him landmarks that I could see from the plane. He was watching outside and he got a video of my southwest plane flying over. It was kind of fun doing a fly-by.
![]() |
| Curtis doing his Presentation with a beautiful beach backdrop |
![]() |
| Friends Fred and Kevin |
![]() |
| Chillin at the beach in athletic shoes. |









No comments:
Post a Comment