Sunday, February 22, 2015

Two Tooths

The other day at School (Friday) Hancock Elementary had a President's Day Picnic.  I showed up to meet Trey for lunch, and he says "do I look different?"  He smiled and he had another tooth missing on his bottom right side.

 I only noticed this tooth being loose about a week ago as I was brushing his teeth.  I asked him how it came out and he said he bit into his Cheeze it during snack time and he felt something, he felt around in his mouth and it was his tooth.  So easy and painless.  His teacher helped him clean it off and sent it home in a baggie (a bit orange from the Cheeze it) . The tooth fairy was very efficient, came Friday night and brought him $2.00.

On Saturday Derek had just gotten home from his first Camp out.  (They went on the Mormon Batallian Trail, he had a fabulous time, slept in the back of Brother Luecks Truck and loved it all.  I heard he ate a ton a bacon for breakfast.)  Derek came home and got cleaned up, he was going down stairs and he made a surprised sound.  I thought maybe he had seen a scorpion or something.  He said "my tooth".  I said "Hallelujah is that finally going to come out?"  Back in Oct. I took him to the Dentist for a check up, then the orthodontist for a consultation.  Both said he has three teeth that need to come out ASAP, they are loose, but he has permanent teeth growing in  and there isn't room for both.  He needs to wiggle, wiggle, and work those teeth out. (He kind of looks like a shark).  Both Dentists said I want to see you back in six months and I want those three teeth out. 

I would constantly remind Derek to wiggle his teeth, he would tell me he was.  I was getting frustrated when we were four months past that appointment , he still hadn't lost any of those teeth, and Trey had lost two teeth that were not even loose at the time.  Finally 1 down, 2 to go.  I would say he is not an aggressive wiggler as the dentist called them.

Once again the Tooth Fairy was very efficient and came Saturday night.  We went to church, and nobody checked to see if his tooth had been taken.  When we came home from Church Trey said "The Tooth Fairy came back and gave me a bonus"  It was kind of cute, sorry that was for Derek.  Trey didn't even know that Derek had lost his tooth.  Trey was a great sport and gave the money to Derek.  $2.00 again.

We had a fun weekend.

No comments: