So I was having a conversation with Trey about school and stuff. He doesn't love kindergarten like I thought he would. He does really well in school, (the best report card I've ever seen from one of kids even if it is just Kindergarten, still the winner) He has made lot's of friends. He really liked his teacher Mrs. Ellinwood. School is just too long for him and I tell him to enjoy it because it doesn't get any easier from here.
Mrs. Ellinwood grew up here in Chandler, and I believe her mom was also a school teacher, and her mom would occasionally come in to help in the classroom.
Trey has had a long term substitute since mid February when Mrs. Ellinwood went on maternity leave after her baby girl was born around the 14th. His substitute is Mrs. Smool. After a few weeks of Mrs. Smool I asked him how he liked her. He says "she's ok but I don't know why Mrs. Ellinwood can't come back" I said, she had a baby and she needs to stay home and take care of her baby. Trey said "why can't her mom just take care of the baby" It was so sweet and innocent. Why can't Grandma just take care of that baby so Mrs. Ellinwood can come back to work.
In another conversation about Mrs. Smool, Trey kept telling me that his teacher was going to re-arrange their seating. When it finally happened Trey was happy with his new seat assignment, and happy he was no longer sitting by this kid Niko. Niko has been his nemesis since the first day of school, and it's understandable. Niko is a bit of a trouble maker, I have witnessed it myself. We were talking about Niko and Trey said "I do not like Niko, I do not like people with curly hair" I said just because Niko has curly hair you can't say that about everyone. He said "I don't like Rocky either (another kid with curly hair and a trouble maker) and he also has curly hair" I guess he proved his point, two trouble makers, both curly hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment