Saturday, June 11, 2016

I'm Batman- pre camp requirement



Derek is getting ready to go to Scout camp.  One of the merit badges he chose to do at camp is Signs Signals and Codes.  There was a pre requisite that he had to map out a 1 mile trail with at least 6 trail markers then have your troop (or family) go on the trail.

One day a few weeks ago, Derek and I went out to the desert to find an area to do this assignment, then he went home and mapped it out etc for his brothers to go on. We actually ended up on reservation land and we found this weird little area, but there were a few interesting things we found to map out.  When Derek saw this wall he said, that is a cool picture of Batman, this is where I want to trail to end.  So we worked from there.

It was a fun morning, We left early because it was going to be hot.  I dropped Curtis and the boys off for a one mile hike, then I met them at the end with Batman soda's.  They all loved the Batman Graffiti at the end.

Batman soda at the end of the trail

Cool Graffiti- Batman on a Segway


Then we went to breakfast.  Now off to Scout Camp in the next 36 hrs.

Breakfast- Trey made glasses out of these bendable sticks the restaurant gave him with his kids meal

No comments: