Saturday, December 24, 2022

Nineteen

 12/23/22

Derek's 19th Birthday.  I always try to make Derek's birthday a very separate event from Christmas.  


I did a bit of birthday decorating, that was not related to Christmas in any way. 

Happy Birthday Derek is the VIP today

The kids named this gorilla "Harambe" he comes out for special occasions


Derek didn't ask for much for his Birthday.  He asked for the "Steam Deck" a gaming system.  It was on the more expensive side, I told Derek I hated to do it but it was a combo birthday/Christmas gift.  Derek was good with it.   He is an adult now, I figure he can handle it.  He seemed very happy with it. I made him  French Toast for breakfast.  He wanted an oreo cake and we went to Black Bear Diner for dinner.  I think the week leading up to this birthday was a little rough on him since he and his girlfriend broke up.  I'm thinking it will probably be just a "break" time will tell.

No comments: