Saturday, July 25, 2009
Pioneer Day
Dax was asked to help with the Pioneer Day activity for Primary. It was one of his requirements for his Religious Square knot patch for Cubs. He helped plan it, and then he was supposed to get up and talk about the Paiute Indians and wolves and give three facts.
I went over the info with him and he already knew what he was supposed to say. I didn't stay and watch him do his presentation, but I wish I would have. So many people told me what a great job he did. He got up and said, "Is everyone in attendance?" I was told he spoke with confidence, had everyone's attention, and made eye contact. Pretty impressive for a barely 9 yr old.
I feel like all those miserable years as a baby/toddler are starting to pay off. He was so difficult during those years. He never slept at night and he was kicked out of every place he went (pre-school, the gym daycare, nursery at church, play area at the store) Several people would tell me things like "genius", " kids like that grow up to be great adults, they have self-confidence, they're outgoing, and they're fun to be with" or "he shows the sign of a leader." Now I'm starting to believe them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment