Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday # 9

Dax turned 9 on July 19th. I can't believe it. He had a great day. We invited Dallin & Westin Thomas, Ethan Savoldi, Mallory, and Spencer Carroll over to swim, and have pizza and cake. It was so easy simple and fun. The perfect amount of kids and the perfect amount of presents.
Before he turned 9 he finished his requirements to get his wolf award in cub scouts. He also got a bunch of other awards and patches he earned at cub scout day camp this summer.
The moms get a little pin too. The cub scout pins it on Mom upside down (usually an awkward moment) and they can turn it around once they do a good deed.
Then they eat a whip cream pie when they advance up to the next level. Their faces are usually covered in whip cream, but Dax stayed clean. He didn't let me get a picture of his face. As I was busy with Dax getting his awards or Trey having a meltdown, Derek kept sneaking out during the Pac meeting. Three times I caught him in the kitchen getting into the goodies. The first time I walked in just as he had the can of whip cream ready to squirt into his mouth. The next few times he was breaking into the cookies and candies. That kid is a sugar addict. He needs rehab.

No comments: