Sunday, May 15, 2022

Escape to nowhere and Prom

 This week Curtis was feeling overwhelmed with work and life.  He decided to drive over to Southern California to help some of his eXp friends open up a new office and meet with some people.  I thought he would be gone about a week.  Curtis started his trip in San Diego and it ended there very quickly.

This is the second time in the past few months that Curtis has gone out to California and it is just turned into a hell hole.   Drug addicts and homeless everywhere.  Crime runs rampant. He left home Wednesday morning, and he texted me Thursday evening and said he was coming home, I didn't think he was serious.   I thought possibly  I would see him Friday afternoon.  Nope, he pulls into the driveway at 3:00 a.m. Friday morning.  He did not want to be there a minute longer.  Although he did stumble across my favorite flowers and he sent me a picture.


I also think he wanted to be home to see Derek off to Prom. It was fun to see them off. Jocelyn asked me earlier in the week if I would take her shopping for makeup. Jocelyn doesn't drive yet, and her family is always busy working.  I was happy to help her.  We also got her shoes, picked up a tie for Derek, ordered flowers, and got everything taken care of for Prom.  At first we were not having a lot of luck with the shoes, then we went to DSW a huge shoe store and she found them.  They were perfect, just what she was looking for.  I knew they were perfect when she was so excited about them that she came home and showed them to all of my boys.  That is when you know you have the perfect pair of shoes.




The flower exchange with the perfect shoes


I had to run to up Flagstaff with my brothers on Friday.  We had planned this several weeks ago.  We needed to check on my Dad's house and I also took the Malibu up to Steven and transferred title to him.  It was a pleasant trip to Flagstaff.  The drive went well, the weather was perfect, the line at the DMV was minimal, and the renters in my Dad's house were maintaining it well.  The neighbor's house across the street (The Grapes) went up for sale.  Not a surprise, we knew the original owner had recently passed away.  Steven said it looked like they were cleaning it out. They are asking 1 million.  I hope they get it.



No comments: